Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Life (so far) of Rebecca Owens


Hey!  My name is Rebecca Owens.  I was born in Amarillo, Texas, but moved to Plainview, Texas when I was three.  I am the daughter of Caryl Owens and the late Michael Owens.  I have an older brother named Adam, who recently celebrated his one year anniversary with his wife, Hailey.  I attended Plainview High School, and graduated as Salutatorian in May of 2012.  I played the French Horn during high school, was very active in Student Council, and was a strong leader in my youth group at First Baptist Church. I am a Freshman at Tech, and I am majoring in Mathematics.  I plan on becoming a high school math teacher.  My goal in life is to encourage students to enjoy math, or at least not hate it.  I love hanging out with my friends in my spare time.  I recently got a job working at United Supermarkets in the Deli.  My favorite color is turquoise, and I am addicted to The Big Bang Theory.

4 comments:

  1. I love The Big Bang Theory, Sheldon is hilarious. It's really cool that you want to make students enjoy math. I look forward to working with you this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love The Big Bang Theory as well. I find myself sitting by myself and laughing, most of the time way too loud, at the TV screen. So, it's probably a good thing nobody is around. I also want to be a teacher so I'm really excited we are in the same group. I want to be a Kindergarten teacher so we are on too different ends grade-wise but I can't wait to work with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited that you are a math major and want to be a math teacher! I also graduated salutatorian and I was born in Amarillo. I was in band and enjoyed my youth group at church. I feel like we have a lot in common haha! Do you hope to get a teaching job in Plainview when you're done here or go somewhere far away from Plainview? I look forward to working with you and getting to know you this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We really do have a lot in common! I would rather not teach in Plainview. It would feel awkward being in a position of authority around the teachers who taught me. I hope to find a job in the Lubbock area, but it really just depends on the job situation.

    ReplyDelete